- The device is owned by the parents/student but is made available for use as part of the college learning program.
- Parents/students should be aware that files stored on the device are private but may be publicly accessed as part of learning programs and subject to review by college staff at any time.
Software and access
- The college will provide access to some software and applications through the EduStar catalogue
- (www.edustar.vic.edu.au/catalogue/Pages/SoftwareHome.aspx) and provision of an Office 365 account. There is no cost for this access. There is a one off cost for the installation of the software.
The college will provide information about standard software programs and applications required for installation on personal devices and will advise if/when new software or applications need to be purchased.
Support will be provided for:
- connecting the device to the college network, internet and imaging the personal device.
- set up student email accounts
- all college-based software and associated issues with college applications
Support will not be provided for:
- connecting to home networks, the internet, printers, or other devices
- personal email accounts and settings
- software or hardware issues (CentreCom insurance upon purchase is an agreement between the family and provider, with hardware and software issues not being the responsibility of Baden Powell College)
Damage or loss of equipment
Students are solely responsible for the care and conduct of their own personal device while at college or at other college activities, and when travelling to and from college or to and from other college activities.
Parents are responsible for making sure the device is covered under their insurance, so that it can be replaced if lost or damaged and student learning is not interrupted.
The college must be notified if the device is damaged or lost so that a student’s learning program is not interrupted whilst being replaced.